featured post

Today's featured post: How many calories are in a feeling?

Saturday, March 9, 2013

How many calories are in a feeling?

(THE SECRET LIFE OF LETTERS: SCISSOR SISTERS/THE FANTASIST: MAXENCE CYRIN)

How many days are in a sentence?


What is is the full speed of language when there is nothing to say?

Where do words hide unspoken?

How many calories are in a feeling?

I haven't heard.

Have you heard how many dimes add up to the worth of a rhyme?

Or how many years are in a phase?

Do you wish you could skip on past this phrase?

To the next gumdrop bridge?

How many chocolates make up a wrong gift?

How many tears are in a symphony?

But most important how many calories are in a feeling?

I haven't heard.

I'd like to know because because I'm trying to watch my weight.

How many stones does it really take to kill a bird?

104,820 and a 1/2? That's how many got dumped in the meadow. For another city center with windows.

I'm glad its not raining.

How many sorrows make up a sob? How many aches are in a compassion?

How many buzzing bees are in an overheard scorning?

Or how many butterflies are in a performer?

How many words describe a soulmate?


How many calories are in a sensation?











I haven't heard.

12 comments:

  1. how many calories are in a feeling captured my eye. but what hooked me was how many sorrows take a sob. i love this post. its bloody brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm pretty proud of it myself. that picture was hard to get timed perfectly the bubbles are in just the right place the purple light is exactly halfway around the microphone and it's eleven eleven!!it was more like a stroke of luck really i did't notice it was 11:11 until after i published it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'd like to know because because I'm trying to watch my weight." I think this line was particularly clever because people can carry around emotional baggage or weight with them, but then its asking about counting calories something people do to literally watch their weight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I first hear Marlo Meekins ask that question on vine and I liked it so much I knew I had to do something with it then i heard secret life of letters and it fit perfectly some of the lines are stolen directly from the song

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "How many stones does it really take to kill a bird?

    104,820 and a 1/2? That's how many got dumped in the meadow. For another city center with windows."

    Probably my favorite part.
    I dunno, I just like numbers and facts.
    You're pretty cool and I like your background.
    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete